A compontent that renders a sparkline 📈 with real data from stock markets, provided by IEX Group. Includes the following properties.
- Symbol: Stock symbol, AAPL (Apple Inc.) is the default. You can find all the symbols listed by the IEX on their official webpage.
- Timeframe: Data time range. When selecting 5y, the amount of data could make the component heavy to render, it is reccomended to increase the Tolerance value.
- Tolerance: The amount of simplification. Based on Simplify.js.
- Line width: Line tickness.
- Line color: Line color. Supports transparence.
- Background color: Line color. Supports transparence.
Known limitations and bugs
- The component fails to redraw properly when zoomed in/out.
- There are no fallbacks in case of missing network connections. All you’ll see will be the “Error” state of the component.
- The component is not visible in exports 😓.
- Dependancy error due to the “react-chartist” package.
- Drawing a lot of points is quite heavy and could occasionally bring to the “Component exceeded time limit” error.
- The component has no icon.
- Removed moment from dependancies
For bugs or feedbacks PM me on Twitter @marcopesani.